Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Counting Down

In two days, I'll be sitting in Dulles airport waiting to board my flight, first to Seoul, then to Denpasar, Bali. Roughly a day and a half after departure, I'll be getting off the plane in Bali, undoubtedly surprised -- despite my constant checking of weather.com -- by the wave of hot, humid air that hits me.

There are five other students on my trip. For the first week we'll be in Tabanan province, in the southwest-ish region of the island; after that we'll be spending the majority of our time at homestays in Bedulu, a small village/town not far from Ubud. (See the map on the side bar for reference points.) From there, we'll take excursions to the rest of the island, and finish with an independent study period (ISP). Pictures to come in ensuing posts!

Until then, I'm running around like a headless chicken trying to accomplish all the things I've put off in the past month. Slowly but surely, I'm crossing things off of my list.

Internet in Bali is going to be limited, but I'll post as frequently as I can -- hopefully at least every week or two. Check back for more stories and adventures!

2 comments:

  1. you get to dulles just in time to get to skip the mobile lounges. I'm sure you will weep

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize there were so few people on your program! That will be nice - easier to move all of you around on trips (and less overwhelming to places you visit), and more opportunity to get beyond the group and interact with Balinese people. At least that's my theory. My study abroad groups were both large (21 and 26).

    ReplyDelete